Casa Rosada - San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, 37700, Mexico
  • DSCF6508

Casa Rosada Hotel

Casa Rosada opened its doors on September 13, 2002 as a Boutique Hotel. It occupies the larger part of what used to be the "Hospital de Naturales" (Native's Hospital) dating back to the Eighteenth Century. It was built adjacent to the "Parroquia".

During the Reform, the hospital was expropriated and would then become private property. Thus the Native's Hospital was divided in two residential properties: Cuna de Allende #10 and Cuna de Allende #12 (Casa Rosada).

The property where Casa Rosada is located has had many owners, including Guadalupe Rivera Marin, daughter of the illustrious muralist Diego Rivera.

The existing colonial construction dates back to 1729. The construction over part of the original colonial building was built in the twentieth century. In what used to be the hospital's orchard , a new building that acknowledges the original colonial style was constructed.

  • Terraza Junior Suite J
  • Restaurante patio central

The name Casa Rosada was given to the property in the twentieth century, most likely because of the building´s prevailing color.

The hotel's lobby occupies what used to be the Hospital's chapel, with a magnificent decorated dome. To the side of the patio, one can also see the old colonial church with its dome, and still to this day, the centennial cypress is conserved in the patio.

Casa Rosada
Cuna de Allende #12
San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato, 37700, Mexico
Call: +52 415 152 81 23 / 415 154 54 10
415 150 01 76

Info

Casa Rosada Hotel, San Miguel de Allende, Gto., Mexico

With a superb location and only one block from the main square, adjacent to San Miguel Arcangel Parish, rests this small exclusive hotel in which each detail is synonym of distinction and good taste.