• hotel

Hotel Casa Rosada Adults Only

hotel

Casa Rosada opened its doors on September 13, 2002 as Boutique Hotel. It occupies most of what was the Hospital de Naturales (18th century), built next to the Parroquia. At the time of the Reformation, the hospital was expropriated and later became private property; thus, what was the Hospital de Naturales was divided into two parts conditioned as a house: Cuna de Allende # 10 and Cuna de Allende # 12 (Casa Rosada).

The property occupied by Casa Rosada passed through several owners, being Guadalupe Rivera Marín, daughter of the illustrious painter Diego Rivera, one of them.

It conserves the colonial construction dating from 1729 and the construction on it, possibly of the XX century; A new building was built in the hospital garden, respecting the colonial architecture.

hotel

The name Casa Rosada was given to it in the 20th century, probably because of the prevailing color of its facade and interior. The lobby of the hotel occupies what was the hospital chapel, with a magnificent decorated vault and next to the central patio you can see the old colonial church with its dome. The centenary cypress of the 18th century is still preserved in this patio.